Monday, November 20, 2017

Week 12: Hello From South Africa ONCE AGAIN!!!!


Well hello friends and family!

 So, many might not even know since it happened so fast, but I am back in Zion, South Africa!

This past week has been wonderful! I was expecting to be the only missionary on my flight here but there ended up being a senior couple coming to the mission from New Mexico.
So my area is called Kwa-Thema. It is a township near the city Benoni. It is an all black area which I love! We are currently riding bikes but could get a car here soon because 4 areas will be closing down.

I probably won't share a lot about the people we are teaching because I'm still getting to know them and have only met with the people we are teaching once. The work is going really well here. We have about 6 progressing investigators. It could be better so we're going to continue to find and teach. Hopefully with the Light the World initiative we will be able to find a lot of people.

I am currently in a threesome. My companions are Elder Blow and Elder Soglohoun. Elder Blow is from England and Elder Soglohoun is from Benin. We all get a long really well! So Elder Blow actually came into the mission the day I left so he took my spot with my companion. So in our mission lineage he is my brother but also kind of my father now because he's kind of training me again. We'll just cover any parts of the 12 week program that I feel like I need to refresh and then finish what I didn't finish. I've got the doctrine and content down really well surprisingly. Now I'm really focusing on my teaching skills.

This week has gone by quite fast! I've eaten 3 kotas already in the time I have been here. Kotas are the big things of bread with chips (fries) and meat in them. Man I missed the food here! And even more the people. I have been able to talk on the phone with my trainer and many missionaries I was in the MTC with since I've been here. I can't wait to see them all.

I have been able to recognize a huge difference in the kind of missionary I was in my first 3 months compared to now. All of the missionaries said I looked different compared to my picture coming out of the MTC. They all said I looked a lot happier. I can honestly say I am so much happier and have been able to feel the holy ghost so much more!

I love you all. I will talk to you all next week!
Love, Elder Rash


He loves riding a bike.  Easier to stop and talk with people.

He loves the kids

Elder Soglohoun, Elder Rash, Elder Blow

Elder Rash loves the Africa sunsets

Buddies already

Sleeping arrangements

Horsing around before bedtime

No comments:

Post a Comment