Monday, May 14, 2018

Week 37: Saying Good-bye to Kwa-Thema


Hello Friends and Family and Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers and soon to be mothers out there!

This week was good and full of changes. I found out that I will be having another son! I will be transferred to a village called Phokeng in the Northwest province. I will be opening the area and training. I am super excited for this new adventure and opportunity. I have learned a lot while serving here in Kwa-Thema and I have learned a lot while training Elder Nielsen. I'm excited to go and apply these things with my 2nd born.

On Sunday, Mother's Day, I was asked by our bishop to speak in church on Mother's and to bear my final testimony. It was an emotional day. Kwa-Thema has become my home away from home. As I expressed that I would be leaving I saw many facial expressions change. I have come to love the people here in Kwa-Thema, especially the members. I have countless mothers and fathers here in Kwa-Thema. Many of them have referred to me as their son. Although it is sad to leave all of these wonderful members, I know that the friendships we have created will last forever. I have accomplished all that I was called to do in Kwa-Thema.

Also on Sunday we witnessed the baptism of Nkosana. The spirit was very strong at his baptism. His friend Bongane was able to baptize him which was an awesome experience. He has played a huge role in Nkosana's conversion.

I am so grateful for this gospel and for a loving Heavenly Father who is aware of each and every one of us. I'm grateful for my mother who has always been there for me. Just like the 2,000 stripling warriors said "We do not doubt our mothers knew it" Alma 46:48. In my life I may have doubted my mother but it definitely came back to bite me in the butt. Looking back I shouldn't have doubted my mother. Now I will take the counsel of the 2,000 stripling warriors. It is true. The Book of Mormon is true. The Church is true.

Love, Elder Rash
note from mom:  Our Mother's Day Skype was wonderful!  We had 1 hour to talk, laugh and cry with our boy!  He shared his testimony and his love for the people he has served thus far on his mission.  He will be leaving Kwa-Thema this Tuesday and is looking forward to this new adventure!
Signs mean nothing apparently

Cutest baby


Members from the ward that Elder Rash will miss horribly

Elder Rash and Sihle


Baptism of Nkosana

Sisters of the ward that love him like a son


His posse

Devon saying goodbye to Sthembiso who will be baptized after Devon is gone



Bishop's family and where Devon skyped our family

Best Mother's Day present....whole family together!

No comments:

Post a Comment