Monday, June 25, 2018

Week 42: "I have never been happier..."


Hello Friends and Family! Happy Fathers day to all you old men! I hope all of my family is enjoying Lake Powell without me. Just kidding that's not possible without me there.
This week was slow but good. Tuesday I was able to go on exchanges with Elder Bishop in his area in Rustenburg. We had a good successful day.
Wednesday we packed up and headed to Roodepoort for a stake meeting, so we never set foot in our area on Wednesday, a little discouraging.  
On Thursday we had interviews and I had a wonderful interview with President Leavitt. I love that man so much. We talked quite a bit and I'm excited for what I can and will become in the next 14 months of my mission. We got back to our area around 3 pm on Thursday and tried making the most of the time we had. Finally the busy, frustrating part of our week was over.
Friday was a good day. But Saturday and Sunday were pretty awesome! Wanna know why? Because we parked the car all day and walked to our appointments and tracted most of the day. Elder Bindrup and I loved it and had so much fun just walking the dirt roads of South Africa. We found many people who will progress very well. We usually found them at the end of our day or time of tracting. Definitely Heavenly Father testing our faith and will to continue. Gotta love the moments when you knock on a door and they ask who it is and you tell them it's the missionaries and they respond with "We are sleeping"... So I respond "But you're talking?" lol. Good times. But what made it all worth it is when we found this sister named Kgomolemo and we taught her the restoration right then and there and invited her to baptism and she responds "I would love to". That is how we finished our Sabbath Day yesterday.
When it comes to investigators who attended church it was discouraging but it's all good. We had 1 investigator who attended church. It was his first time and he loved it. Despite our branches struggles with conducting a spiritual and uplifting sacrament meeting. Let's just say we had the speakers first and then the sacrament at the end of sacrament meeting because no one had brought bread. The adventures of Phokeng lol.
But Elder Bindrup and I are loving it and are having an amazing time. I have never been happier on mission.  Well I am out of time because we will be going to Philanesburg National Park soon with our zone. But I love you all. I'm grateful for all of the love and support you show me. Talk to you next week. 
Love Elder Rash
P.S. Congratulations Cassie and JD on the welcoming of a new baby. I'm sure she will cry the first time she meets me :)

Gave HIMSELF a haircut

Not to bad....

No comments:

Post a Comment