Monday, July 2, 2018

Week 44: Five little MONKEYS swingin in the trees


Well this week was wild! Elder Bindrup, Phillip, and I got to go into Bafokeng Stadium, where the 2010 World Cup was played, and got to walk around. We literally walked right into the gate. It is open to the public. It is so different from America. To do something like that in America you have to have connections.
Also on Saturday Elder Bindrup and I did 4 hours of tracting. We needed to get to a members house so we decided to take a short cut down the a dried up raven. As we were walking through we started hearing stuff moving in the brush. As we turned to our side we saw a monkey chilling there with its baby!!! It was crazy! Next thing we knew we heard more moving all around us. We were surrounded by 6 monkeys!!! The dad was being a little aggressive because of his baby. But Elder Bindrup and I just sat down and watched them. We also tried giving one of them a Restoration Pamphlet. They declined. Which is not common in Africa lol. It was a pretty awesome experience to find wild monkeys in our area. We had a great time with them. They loved just coming and observing what we were doing.
Also on Sunday we had 5 investigators at church! Edward finally came! His wife Margaret last week told him that he had to get work off so he could come to church. It was so great to see both of them there. Also as people were bearing their testimonies, Timothy leaned over to me and asked if it was fine if he went up as well! I was like of course! I was a little nervous about what he was going to say, I wasn't sure if he was going to start preaching like a pastor or something, you never know in Africa. However, he bore a simple but powerful testimony. He said he knows the Book of Mormon is true and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church. The spirit just washed over me and brought so much peace to my mind and heart at that time.
I am so grateful for the choice I made to serve a mission. It has brought me so much joy. Although it is not easy, it is one of the most rewarding and joyful times in my life. I know this gospel is true. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I'm grateful for the time I have to study it each day and then to go out and testify about these things to others.
I love you all.
Love Elder Rash

Splits with Elder Neeley

Bafokeng Soccer Stadium

Elder Rash races to the field


I see a monkey in a tree!

Elder Rash trying to get as close as he can to the baby monkey

Elder Rash fearful they may pounce on him!

No comments:

Post a Comment