Monday, July 16, 2018

Week 46: Mid-Transfer transfers and Change

Hello everyone! Well this week Elder Bindrup was sick. We think he got a parasite from eating a Mopani worm. I ate one as well and was fine. He's just not African yet. So must of the week we were at the flat but we still managed to have a pretty good week and have some awesome lessons.
Also, we had a mid-transfer transfer this week. We weren't expecting anything to change between Elder Bindrup and  I;  but Saturday evening we received a phone call from President Leavitt... I will be leaving Phokeng.   I had a very short stay here in Phokeng, nine weeks to be exact.  In that short time I have come to love so many members and investigators here in Phokeng.  Elder Bindrup and I have made many memories together.  Like our first day in Phokeng when we got locked inside the chapel compound,  to many hours of tracting  because we had no one in our teaching pool and knew nothing about Phokeng. I have seen this area grow so much.  I'm sad I won't be here to see the baptisms of Timothy, Margaret and Edward, Gomolemo, and many others.  But I know the Lord has more work for me to do elsewhere. That elsewhere is, Rynfield.  I have been transferred to Rynfield in the Benoni Zone. This area is literally a 15 minute drive away from Kwa-Thema (my last area). They use to be in the same stake as each other until the splitting of the stake happened while I was in Kwa-Thema. However, I am sure I will see many members from Kwa-Thema while I'm there. Also you might be wondering who my companion might be. Well you might recognize his name. Elder Blow!!!! Elder Blow and I will be companions once again!! We are super excited. It's not very often you get to serve with the same companion twice during your mission. I'm excited to see the things Elder Blow and I will be able to do in Rynfield given we are both a lot more experienced now. Rynfield is a ward. The area covers both township and town. So our ward is a mix of white and black members. Our chapel is the stake center so it is a very big chapel. A very big change from Phokeng. I will miss Phokeng as well as the landscape out here. But I'm excited for the work that is ahead of me now.
I love you all. Have a great week.
Love, Elder Rash

Note from Devon's mom:  Devon is being very humble and didn't say in his group e-mail, but to the family he let us know that he is being made a Zone Leader with Elder Blow!  He is super excited to learn and grow in this new leadership assignment. Also, this is part of his e-mail to me regarding the changes:
Elder Bishop is leaving as well. I will be his Zone Leader and we will be in the same district. I am super sad to leave Elder Neeley and Elder Bindrup. Elder Neeley is just hilarious and I get along with him really well and Elder Bindrup and I have had a blast being companions.  Elder Neeley, Bindrup, and another missionary Elder Treasure (from my MTC group) will be in a trio for 3 weeks covering both Phokeng and Rustenburg. After 3 weeks Elder Bindrup will get a new companion and will cover Phokeng full time again.
Transfers are tomorrow. I will miss the area. I have quickly grown to love many members and people here. I am especially going to miss the mountains and the village lifestyle. But it hasn't been as hard as it was to leave Kwa-Thema. I don't know. I'm one who enjoys change. I feel fine about it. I'm super excited to be with Elder Blow again. I don't know how I feel about going to Rynfield.  I'm pretty excited. I also love responsibility so I'm excited for this calling to be a Zone Leader.

He did not say why they were having a mid-transfer transfer, but I did hear from some missionary mommas that there was a group of Brazilian missionaries that were coming in mid-transfer that needed a place to serve.

Mapeka Family

Seakgosing Family


Tsatsane Family


Phillip and Bosi members from the ward

Phillip, Tashiamo, Bosi, and Omphile


Devon and Margaret

Timothy an investigator

Margaret and Edward - investigators

Phillip is a member who Devon says reminds him of himself

No comments:

Post a Comment