Monday, September 3, 2018

Week 53: Learning more than just sharing the gospel


Just to let you know I don't have much time to email today.
We had a Zone Activity today which was awesome! We bought a pig (not hard to find a pig for sale), slaughtered it (Elder Siale, Elder Sande and I killed and cleaned the pig) , and then cooked it Umu style (an islander way). An Umu is basically an underground oven and it took 2 1/2 hours to cook. It was tons of fun. I'll upload as many pictures as I can, but I will have more next week. 
This week was really good! It was very busy and flew by. We had a lesson with 2 new people from Northmead. We found them tracting the other week. Their names are Dino and Hendrico. It was powerful. Dino just expressed how he knew Heavenly Father had led us to each other. Immediately after the lesson he asked where the chapel was, what time church started, and what he needed to wear. He told us to call him Sunday morning when we wake up to remind him. On Sunday him and his brother Hendrico showed up to church. After church they both said they loved church and they will be back next week. Elder Siale and I are seeing many tender mercies. We will be meeting with them this week and are really excited to see them progress. 
Also this week we went on exchanges with the AP's. I went to their area with Elder Zimba. It was a lot of fun and I was able to learn a lot from Elder Zimba. 
The work is picking up a lot in Northmead. The trust with members is increasing significantly. Serving in town is definitely harder but is definitely more rewarding. I am starting to enjoy serving in town more than township. I never thought I would ever say that. 
Elder Siale and I are having a blast serving together. We had a ton of fun as a zone today. I wish I could put into words how this week was. We saw the hand of the Lord in our week many times this week. I wish I had more time but I better wrap this up.
I'm so grateful I made the choice to serve a mission. I know the gospel is true and that it was restored through Joseph Smith.
Love, Elder Rash

Benoni Zone Labor Day Activity


Kind of hard to knock on the door with this tall wall surrounding the house

Preparing the pit



Covering their feast

 
Burying their feast

Enjoying their feast

Umu Style (the Islander way)

Getting ready to enjoy a sheep head?!?!?!




No comments:

Post a Comment