Monday, October 15, 2018

Week 59: Coming home...SYKE!!!!!

note from Elder Rash's mom:  This heading was the title of his e-mail this week.  I was not a happy camper when I saw it; but I know this was a day that he had mixed emotions about.  I'm just glad that he was able to say goodbye to his buddies and then GET BACK TO WORK!
Well friends and family the day arrived for me to head to the airport to come home. I made it to the airport but unfortunately missed my flight and will be staying in South Africa for another 10 months to serve the Lord. Sorry mom. 
Well I did in fact end up making it to the airport on Tuesday to drop Elder Kealer off so he could catch his flight (Elder Kealer is from Peoria and we sat next to each other on our flights to Johannesburg exactly 2 years ago). It's a long story of how we got put in charge of taking him to the airport. We ended up meeting up with the rest of the missionaries from my MTC group who were heading home. It was a bitter sweet moment as I watched all of these Elders I have come to love walk through security but all is well. Glad that day is behind me.
On Wednesday we had interviews with President Leavitt. Those were great as usual. He is a very inspired man.
The rest of the week we had a normal week of proselyting. Minus the continuous rain that happened on Saturday and Sunday.
Also this week we found two awesome young men named Bongkosi and Mzoxolo. We went to teach Loyiso and Zanoxolo, who are two brothers preparing for baptism, Bongkosi and Mzoxolo happened to be there as well and decided to join the lesson. We watched the Restoration. Afterwards Bongkosi mentioned how he felt something, like happiness. Elder Siale and I were able to bear testimony to him that it was the spirit and that the spirit testifies of truth. We had a powerful discussion with them and invited them to baptism. They were definitely the highlight of our week. 
On Sunday we were able to watch the final session of General Conference. 
The Lord is preparing the hearts of many. It is our task and duty to go and find them. Not only to find them but to reach out to them with love and invite them to come and be partakers of the truth. I enjoyed the talks in General Conference that were all about ministering. I don't think we understand how wonderful of an opportunity this is and how simple and easy it truly is. It will take sacrifice but that sacrifice is insignificant when you compare it to the miracles that will be brought about. On a mission we are ministering everyday but I am excited for when the time will come when I will be able to apply these same Christ-like attributes back home. Please act now and begin ministering to your brothers and sisters. I have seen the effects of not implementing these teachings. In the world we live in there truly is no time to wait. We all need each other more than ever. The church is true and is led and guided by a living Prophet. 
Love, Elder Rash

Practicing some hoops!


I know Elder Rash loves his MTC buddies

MTC Buddies going home

Elder Siale, Elder Kealer and Elder Rash at the airport

Elder Cox with Elder Rash

Elder Rash at the Johannesburg Airport

Man or Monkey?

Pulling down the tree for service

No comments:

Post a Comment