Monday, January 21, 2019

Week 73: FLORIDA.....South Africa....Here he comes!


Hello Friends and Family,
Yes as many of you know I have many close ties with Florida.  My father served his mission there.  And my cousin is currently serving there.  I myself will be heading to Florida to potentially finish my mission there.  That is, Florida in South Africa of course! 
Yes I am being transferred.  My long but quick 7 months in Rynfield and Northmead has come to an end.  I am being transferred to Florida (an area near Johannesburg).  My new companion will be the one and only Elder Spencer, the white African (his dad is from Colorado and his mom is from Zimbabwe)! You may recognize him. We were in the same district back in the Kwa-Thema days. We are going to have a blast!!! 
These last 7 months have definitely prepared me for what is ahead.  I'm grateful for all of the experiences, privileges, and responsibilities the Lord has entrusted me with.  My new area is nothing but town.  I will be tested, but I am grateful for the opportunity to grow.  "For with God nothing shall be impossible." Luke 1:37
The church is true. I testify that we are led by a living prophet in these last days.
Love, Elder Rash
note from mom:  Of course, Devon had to send me in a panic when I read the title of his e-mail!  He was so serious about heading to FLORIDA!  He finally caved and said that there is a Florida in South Africa.  It is where the Mission Office is....which is where he will be spending a lot of his time.  With this transfer, he has been released as a Zone Leader, and called to serve as an office missionary.  He will be working closely with the AP's (Assistant to the President) and the Senior Couple Missionaries.  He is excited for this new assignment and is looking forward to the challenges it will provide.  He will still have an area to serve in, but probably won't have as much time to walk the area and find new friends interested in hearing about the Gospel.  They will rely heavily on the members to help find those who are ready to hear the message.  He left yesterday for the office and already had a busy evening.  Tomorrow morning, will be taking missionaries to and fro bright and early!  He knows he has a lot to learn, but he is willing to work hard and give it his all!  Chris and I are so proud of Devon and the trust, not only the mission president has in him, but also, the Lord.
If you haven't e-mailed him in a while, I'm sure he would LOVE to hear from you!
On splits with Elder Keya saying goodbye to friends


Sipho doesn't want Devon to leave


 
Campbell Family

Duplessis Family

Glenis and Gibson

Elder Spencer (on the end at the left) is Elder Rash's new companion

Jeanette and Family

Lethunya Family

McJoe

Devon's friend Sipho (I think he likes Devon...oh my heart!)

Nqobile and his family

Phango Family

Shaeasby Family

Solomon Family

Vuyo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment