Monday, July 29, 2019

Week 100: A mission is full of Highs and Lows


Dear Friends and Family,
This week was a roller coaster of emotions.  It had its highs and some major lows.
Unfortunately this week Chris informed us he would not continue meeting with us. We love him dearly and will continue the friendship that we have developed. He is an amazing man.  The work goes on however!  
This week, just like past weeks, we have seen the Lord bless us countless times. Many members we have spoken with this week have informed us of friends and family members who would love to meet with us. We've had people bring their friends to church and we've had people, who are searching for the truth, just walk into church! 
This week I experienced arguably one of the happiest days of my mission... Nearly 3 years ago as I was serving in Protea Glen and as my companion and I walked the streets we stopped a young man named Mncedisi. After a quick conversation and leaving him with a Plan of Salvation pamphlet we scheduled to meet with him at his home a few days later. Mncedisi was baptized in December 2016 roughly two weeks after I returned home. This past Saturday I had the sacred privilege of listening to him as he opened and read his mission call... Mncedisi has been called to serve in the Botswana Namibia Mission and reports to the Johannesburg Missionary Training Center on Thursday, September 12th, 2019.  I wish I could describe the joy I have received from participating in this sacred work of gathering scattered Israel.  D&C 18:15
          15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
Sincerely, Elder Rash

Devon plans on keeping in contact with Chris once he gets home

Service - cutting down a tree


No comments:

Post a Comment