Monday, August 19, 2019

Week 103: For the last time


Hello Friends and Family,
This week was amazing, and to top it off Sibu was baptized on Sunday.  I have never met someone so excited for their baptism and what it means for them in their life.  She is amazing!
You serve your whole 2 years never thinking this day would come, but now that it has I don't know what to think or say.  I have truly come to see and know that this is the Lord's work. The gathering of scattered Israel has begun. We each play a vital role in bringing to pass this work.  I have come to know of the joy that comes from taking part in this work.  I know that this was not just a 2 year assignment but a lifelong calling.
I spent the first 18 years of my life avoiding conversation with complete strangers.  I missed out on so much in those 18 years.  I never knew it was possible to feel so much love for someone you just met on the street.  I never knew how much a complete stranger could change and influence your life.  I came to South Africa nearly 3 years ago with everyone being a complete stranger; I will now leave this beautiful land with a family that will forever have a piece of my heart. This family consists of hundreds of people I have met and associated with over the past 3 years. They have each been an instrument in God's hands to help me become the person I will leave South Africa being. 
These past two years have been filled with tears of joy, laughter, heartache, hardship, rejection, and the Spirit. Although they haven't been the easiest two years they have been well worth it.  I am eternally grateful for my decision to serve the Lord for these two years; there is nowhere else He would have wanted me to be than here.
During my time here I have come to a realization of my purpose in this life.  I have gained an eternal perspective which will serve me throughout my life.  I have developed a personal and intimate relationship with my Heavenly Father and elder brother, Jesus Christ.  They love me. The Savior's atonement is real and infinite.  I have felt of the cleansing and strengthening power of Christ's atonement in my life as I have humbled myself and submitted to God's will.
The past two years have established a foundation for the years to come.  I know that this is Christ's church.  I know that we have a living prophet on the earth today who warns us of the adversary's moves.  I know that nearly 200 years ago, God in his infinite love, appeared to a young boy to usher in the dispensation of the fullness of times and to restore sacred truths and Christ's priesthood power back to the earth.  I would invite those who don't know this for themselves to be willing to find out. The knowledge of its truthfulness I gained nearly 3 years ago has changed my life. I have never been happier.
I testify that what the Apostle Paul says is true, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 2 Corithians 5:17. 
I love you all and am grateful for all your love, support, and prayers the past 3 years.
For the last time,
Love,
Elder Rash
P.S. Everyone is invited to come and hear about the experiences I've had in South Africa the past two years. I will be sharing them this Sunday, August 25th, 2019 at
12:00 pm at 
618 South Signal Butte Road
MESA, Arizona 85208
United States

Baptism of Sibu



I love this

Devon feels most comfortable playing with the little ones

Service project and hair nets

GREAT turn out

Saying goodbye to those he has loved to serve


The sun is setting on his time in South Africa


Johannesburg South Africa will always have a piece of his heart

No comments:

Post a Comment