Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Week 2: It's flying by so fast already


This week has flown by! It's starting to feel like my mission is flying by but then I think about it and its only been 12 days out of 730. I'm ready to be out of the MTC but I know how much this time here has helped me and have seen how much I've grown.

Last week I finally had that culture shock. Half of us here at the MTC had the opportunity to go to the temple. The drive there was crazy and a bit scary/nerve racking. Driving here is crazy! It feels as if there aren't any traffic laws. There are so many beggars here. If you thought the states were bad you should see here. There are multiple beggars on every corner and at every light and they literally walk in the middle between cars and go up to your windows. It's crazy. On our way there, I saw one of the saddest things. As we turned a corner we saw a lady sitting on the curb/median, right next to her playing on the curb and street, about 2 feet away from moving cars, was about a 1 year old baby boy.  He was literally a crawl away from moving cars. On our way back we stopped at a light right next to them. I just wanted to jump out and hold him in my arms and play with him and make him happy. I wanted to take him back to the MTC with me and give him food and clothes. I love the people here already. Especially the kids. Although I've only seen a few they already have a special place in my heart.

I love this gospel with all my heart and can't wait to bring it to the people of South Africa. I love and miss you all.

Elder Rash

 P.S. I won't be able to email for 2 weeks because we leave the MTC on Tuesday (our P-day) and will have to wait till the next Monday (our P-day in the field) to email.
 
*  note from mom....This will be longest two weeks EVER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment