Monday, November 14, 2016

Week 9: Hail the size of GOLF BALLS!!!


Yes, many of you are wondering if I know about Trump becoming President, yes I do. I actually found out the day it happened. It was on the radio and the Africans here have been following American politics and the presidential race probably just as close as you Americans. I don't even know how many times I've been asked what I think about our new president. Members, investigators, and just random people on the streets. What I tell them is I'm just glad I'm here in Africa and if America falls apart while I'm here I'll just extend my mission for the rest of my life.

 This week has been good. So apparently this week I slept walked. I had gone to bed and about 10 min later I came walking out of the room looking like I was possessed (Elder Thompson was sill awake) and Elder Thompson asked if I was alright but I didn't say anything and just walked into the next room. So he was freaked out and went into the room to go to sleep. The part I remember is after I went to sleep in my bed, I remember sitting on the couch and then passing out for 2 hours and waking up and walking to my room and seeing Elder Thompson asleep and then I passed out on the bed.

We went on exchanges again this week on Tuesday. It was a lot of fun and we had a really successful day.

 Transfers were this past week. I can't believe I've been out a whole transfer already. It's nice to not be the greenest on the mission now. We got 2 new missionaries in our district. One elder went home and our district leader got transferred. He had been here for 9 months in the same area.

Well Friday and Saturday sucked. Basically all of our appointments fell through. But we managed. On Saturday there were 2 massive hail storms! Luckily we were in our car. The hail was the size of golf balls! They put little dents in the roof of our car.

Well this Sunday we are having a special stake conference and D. Todd Christofferson will be there. I hope he shambocks the leadership here in our stake and branch, they need it. Also he will be meeting with our mission so we'll be able to hear him speak twice and actually be able to meet him probably at the mission devotional.

Oh yeah, we went to the Apartheid museum. It wasn't that spectacular but dad would like it. We also had the baptism of Masesi yesterday. Man she is amazing. I've never met a convert with a stronger testimony than her. I got to speak on baptism at the program.

I'm starting to get a sore throat which I'm not happy about. But this week has been good. I love you all and will talk to you next week. I know this church is true!

Love,
Elder Rash

 
He loves the kids!

His favorite part of the week....exchanges... and HE gets to drive!

South African stormy skies

Hail that did damage to their car!

Baptism of Masesi


More cute kids!

Elder D.'s favorite little boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment