Monday, August 6, 2018

Week 48: Walking builds character


Hello Friends and Family,
Well my legs and feet are worn. Elder Blow and I enjoyed car free week. We definitely learned a lot. We feel like the work may have suffered a bit because of it but obviously it takes more than just a week to transition from being a car area to a walking area. We enjoyed being able to cram onto crowded taxis and share the gospel with those on the taxi as we rode to our area. A couple days we had to walk an hour and 15 minutes to the taxi rank to catch a taxi to our area and then at night walk an hour and 15 minutes back to our flat from where the taxi dropped us off.
On Wednesday we spent our whole day working in Northmead, the wealthy white area. We walked from our flat an hour and a half to our first appointment. We enjoyed the noise of barking dogs as we passed by each house. That day we were able to meet with an awesome new investigator named Helen. She is a white lady in about her 60's. She is a referral from some members. She is so nice and basically a "chill grandma". Her favorite phrase is "Cool beans". That is basically the best way to describe her. When I told her I was from Arizona in the United States she got super excited. She has a great love for the American Indians and their culture. It related very well when we shared with her the Book of Mormon. Our Bishop had given her one last Sunday and when we came on Wednesday she had already began reading. She also came to church yesterday. We are excited for her. She has some trouble with smoking but we are working on that with her.
Yesterday I was able to give a talk in the Rynfield ward. When I was announced as one of the speakers, I was announced as Elder Blash lol. Elder Blow and I tried our hardest to hold in our laughter. I was given the topic of Charity. I was super happy when I saw I would be able to speak about Charity. In the past 2 months of my mission I have studied the topic of Charity quite thoroughly. I have come to understand the importance of Charity and how we obtain it. This life is more than just being a good person, living the gospel of Jesus Christ, and going to church. This life is truly about becoming like our Savior Jesus Christ. To love everyone we know and treat others with the love that Jesus Christ had and has for each and every one of us. This is not an easy task. Jesus Christ is the only one that has ever done it perfectly. But it is attainable and possible. As long as we pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart that we may be filled with this love. As long as we are constantly striving to improve. As long as we let the thought and desire of charity consume our thoughts and desires. President Henry B Erying said that this is a lifelong quest in obtaining charity. I know it is possible. I know we slowly become more and more filled with charity. I know that charity is only bestowed upon those who are true followers of Jesus Christ. And when we receive this gift from God, and we meet Jesus Christ we will be like him. I love you all.
Love Elder Rash
P.S sorry about not sending many pictures. Since we didn't have the car I didn't carry my camera around with me.

Elder Blow is ready for his haircut

LOVE the garbage bag for a protector

No comments:

Post a Comment