Monday, August 6, 2018

Week 49: Getting used to change....


This week was good. It flew by. This week I had my first MLC. We were able to discuss a lot about how to better the mission, especially in reducing the number of cars.
Also this week we put Helen on date for baptism for October 14th. She happily accepted. She is still concerned with her smoking and how she is going to quit. We offered to give her a blessing and she accepted. The best part was when she decided to just come sit down on the ground in front of Elder Blow, a member, and I so we could give her a blessing. We all looked at each other and tried our best not to start laughing. So we all laid our hands on her head, as we sat on the couch, and gave her a blessing. One of the strangest blessings I've given but the spirit was so strong. I love this lady so much. As we were leaving she grabbed Elder Blow by the cheeks and called him sweetheart. Highlight of my week. Well almost.
The highlight of my week was being able to conduct my first ever baptism interview. Let me tell you. It was a sacred experience. I was able to interview a young 11 year old boy named Innocent. After I got to know him a bit, we started with a prayer. I was privileged with being able to offer that prayer. As I began the spirit filled the room and tears filled my eyes. I had just met this young boy but my heart was filled with so much love for him. At such a young age he had such a strong desire to be baptized. It didn't take me long to receive the prompting that he was ready for baptism. 
On Sunday we had a Book of Mormon fireside. That was a bit of a flop. Not many people came. We had to compete with the Stake choir. The stake presidency told us to go ahead and still hold it at the same time. Let's just say most people were at choir. 
Also this week was transfer news. Elder Blow will be leaving. He will be going to Pimville in Soweto. Right next to Protea Glen. Our birthplace. My new companion is Elder Siale. He is from Tonga. I don't know much about him. He has been on mission almost 18 months I believe. He has also been serving the past couple months in Sidwashine in Swaziland. Ryland's old area. I am excited to talk with him about that and his time there. I've only been here for 3 weeks but I feel like I know the area well enough. It will be fun. 
Today a member took Elder Blow and I to a Lion Park/Game Reserve. That was a lot of fun. There were some Americans there. Let's just say I know what an American accent sounds like now lol. As I talked to them they said they weren't sure if I was from America or not because I had a hint of a South African accent. I guess we will see when I come home. But this week was good. I had many testimony building experiences this week. I love you all. 
Love, Elder Rash

Eating "chicken dust" ordered from the side of the road


He says they are his new favorites!

Lion Park





1 comment:

  1. MY NAME IS MARIAM FROM SOUTH AFRICA...I SAW THIS COMMENT ON POSITIVE BLOGS AND I WILL LOVE TO TELL EVERYBODY HOW MY STATUS CHANGES TO NEGATIVE, AND AM NOW A LIVING WITNESS OF IT AND I THINK ITS A SHAME ON ME IF I DON'T SHARE THIS LOVELY STORY WITH OTHER PEOPLE INFECTED WITH THIS DEADLY VIRUS...,HIV HAS BEEN ONGOING IN MY FAMILY... I LOST BOTH PARENTS TO HIV,. AND IT IS SO MUCH PAIN IVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET OVER.. AS WE ALL KNOW MEDICALLY THERE IS NO SOLUTION TO IT..AND MEDICATION IS VERY EXPENSIVE..SO SOMEONE INTRODUCED ME TO A NATIVE MEDICAL PRACTITIONER IN AFRICA..I HAD A JOB THERE TO EXECUTE SO I TOOK TIME TO CHECK OUT ON HIM.I SHOWED HIM ALL MY TESTS AND RESULTS.. I WAS ALREADY DIAGNOSED WITH HIV AND IT WAS ALREADY TAKING ITS TOWL ON ME.. I HAD SPENT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS SO I DECIDED TO TRY HIM OUT...I WAS ON HIS DOSAGE FOR 1 MONTHS. ALTHOUGH I DIDNT BELIEVE IN IT, I WAS JUST TRYING IT OUT OF FRUSTRATION... AND AFTER 2 WEEKS, I WENT FOR NEW TESTS... AND YOU WONT BELIEVE THAT 5 DIFFERENT DOCTORS CONFIRMED IT THAT AM NEGATIVE..IT WAS LIKE A DREAM,,I NEVER BELIEVE AIDS HAS CURE..AM NOW NEGATIVE,,AM A LIVING WITNESS..I DONT KNOW HOW TO THANK THIS MAN... I JUST WANT TO HELP OTHERS IN ANY WAY I CAN..HAVE JOINED MANY FORUMS AND HAVE POSTED THIS TESTIMONIES AND ALOT OF PEOPLE HAS MAIL AND CALLED THIS MAN ON PHONE AND AFTER 2 WEEKS THEY ALL CONFIRMED NEGATIVE..BBC NEWS TOOK IT LIVE AND EVERY.. HOPE HE HELPS YOU OUT.. EVERYBODY SAW IT AND ITS NOW OUT IN PAPERS AND MAGAZINES THAT THERE'S NATIVE CURE FOR HIV AND ALL WITH THE HELP OF THIS MAN,,HAVE TRIED MY OWN PARTS AND ALL LEFT WITH YOU,,IF YOU LIKE TAKE IT OR NOT..GOD KNOWS HAVE TRIED MY BEST.ABOUT 97 PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED NEGATIVE THROUGH ME..AND THEY SEND MAILS TO THANKS ME AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED NEGATIVE,,THIS MAN IS REAL..DON'T MISS THIS CHANCE,,HIV IS A DEADLY VIRUS,,GET RID OF IT NOW..
    case there is anyone who has similar problem and still

    looking for a way out, and he those cast all kind of spell like ::
    Love Spells
    Luck, Money Spells
    Health, Well Being
    Protection, Healing
    Curses, ex, Breakups
    NEW! Combo Spells
    High Priestess Spells
    Vampire Spells
    Authentic Voodoo Spells
    Custom, Other Spells
    Business spells
    Health/Healing spells
    Cancer healing
    Curse removal
    Job spells
    Healing from all kind of diseases
    Love binding
    Barrenness(need a child)
    Need love
    Lottery Spells
    Promotions
    Success
    Money rituals
    winning court case
    Divorce spells
    Low sperm count
    Infertility in women
    Breast enlargement/reduction
    Penis enlargement/reduction
    Diabetes
    Arthritis
    sicklecell
    YOU CAN CONTACT HIM HERE AS (dr.abalaka@outlook.com) and also his state based number text him here if you're in the US: 760-935-3804 if you need any question contact me via here as mariambaurice@gmail.com i wish you best of luck and good health.

    ReplyDelete