Monday, August 13, 2018

Week 50: HALF WAY DONE....Hump Week


This week has been great! My new companion is awesome. We get along super well. He is full of laughs. I don't think there has been a day when we haven't been laughing all day.
We were able to do service this week for some members, the Campbell family, in Northmead. It was tons of fun. The Campbell's are awesome. I got to climb a tree so we could slowly cut it down piece by piece. I may have pictures and videos of it next week.
Also Elder Siale and I got to grind peanuts and shred coconuts for an investigators family. Elder Siale went ham on the coconuts since he did it all the time back home.
We had a fun experience tracting in Northmead this week. Let's just say I'm glad I have a companion who I can just laugh with the entire time. Rejection isn't fun unless you have a Tongan companion lol. Elder Siale is very outgoing and just loving. We feed off of each other when we are out talking with people. It is so enjoyable.
The work is very busy. Our week is already filled practically every hour of every day. It's a little stressful trying to balance both areas, but we are learning. Elder Siale and I both spoke in the Northmead ward yesterday. It was really good. The members trust in us is definitely growing fairly quick.
Tomorrow is Zone Conference. It will be both Elder Siale and I's first Zone Conference as Zone Leaders so hopefully we don't fail with our training. I'm excited for the time I have to serve with Elder Siale. I'm excited for the road ahead. All I can say is time flies. I hope to make the most of my time on my mission. South Africa is definitely my home.
Love, Elder Rash

Grinding peanuts and rice with an investigator

Elder Siale shaving coconut

Elder Rash giving it a try

Trying to be African

Zone Leader Training

Transfer Day and seeing some friends

Stripling Warriors

Baptism in Kwa-Thema of some investigators Elder Rash taught



Minenhles baptism....fruits of Elder Rash's labor of love

No comments:

Post a Comment