Monday, August 20, 2018

Week 51: Not much to chicken feet


This week has been busy. As well as tiring. It started off with Zone Conference on Tuesday. We were instructed on Teaching People, Not Lessons. It was a very uplifting and spiritual Zone Conference. President Leavitt is such an inspired and loving man.
On Wednesday we went on exchanges with the Etwatwa elders. I was privileged to be with Elder Gaigulo, from Uganda, in our area. We had a great time.
Also this week I ate chicken feet for the first time. They were actually pretty nice! There just wasn't much to eat on them.
 On Saturday we had The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Helping Hands project. That was a ton of fun. We went and cleaned up a run down park in our area with many members from the Rynfield ward. It was a great time even though it was pretty chilly. Also we had the opportunity to bike for the day since the other missionaries didn't want to use them because it was too cold for them. So Elder Siale and I took the opportunity. We were having a great time and then... Let's just say we were both flying down a dirt road when we came upon a curve. I slowed down and made the curve, shortly after I heard some skidding and a noise come from Elder Siale. As I looked back all I saw was Elder Siale rolling down this dirt road. After seeing he was alright, for the most part, we had a good laugh lol. He took the curve too fast and the tires of the bike slid out from under him. Luckily he was wearing a helmet because that is what hit first and he put a nice crack in the helmet. He couldn't move his arm for 2 days but now he is all good.
On Sunday we had the baptism of Glynis and she is awesome. She has such a strong testimony and desire to learn.
I love you all. I know the church is true. I'm grateful for this time I have to serve as a representative of my Savior Jesus Christ. It is the best decision I have ever made.
Love Elder Rash

Exchanges with Elder Gaigulo from Uganda

Grilled chicken feet





Baptism of Glynis
Benoni Zone at Zone Conference
Elder Rash and Elder Saile
Most of the Benoni Zone

All smiles BEFORE the crash....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment