Monday, November 26, 2018

Week 65: What I am most thankful for....


Dear Friends and Family, 
This week was great! Our days have gone from mostly tracting to being pretty jam packed with lessons.
On Tuesday we had interviews with President Leavitt. Those were great and very uplifting! 
On Wednesday we had a crazy full day of appointments! Straight appointments from 10 am to 8 pm. It was a great time and we found some pretty amazing new people. It was a very rewarding day.
On Thursday, Thanksgiving, we had Thanksgiving dinner with the Vosloo family. They don't really have turkey in the stores right now so we had chicken, rice, mixed vegetables, and gravy. It wasn't really a traditional thanksgiving meal, but it was still really good and thoughtful.  What made the day even more special was when we sat down at the table there were letters from our mother's sitting on the table in front of us. As we sat with the family after dinner we all shared what we are most thankful for. I am grateful for many things. I am grateful for a loving and supportive family. I am grateful for how close knit our family is. I am grateful for the families and people here in South Africa who take us in and make us part of their families. I am grateful for the precious time I have to serve the Lord and the people of South Africa. I am grateful for President and Sister Leavitt and the love and care they show us. I am grateful for the many missionaries I get to serve along side of. I am eternally grateful for my Savior who has atoned for my sins.
Friday, we went on exchanges with Elder Rakotonindrina and Bishop again. I was with Elder Rakotonindrina (from Madagascar) in his area. We had a great time biking and walking. I got quite the workout biking our member present around on the handle bars lol. 
On Sunday, someone who we are teaching that is a Rastafarian, invited us to a Rastafarian gathering lol. Elder Siale and I looked at each other and said "Why not!". So we had a great time visiting a Rastafarian gathering and learning more about their beliefs and traditions. I may not believe or support some of their beliefs but they definitely have a great time lol. 
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving back home. I heard ASU took the territorial cup once again! Sorry uncle Troy. Bear Down? For what!
I love you all and will talk to you next week.
Also Congratulations Kamee and Tyson!
A little piece of Oregon in South Africa!
 
Ever herded goats before?  Elder Rash has....
 
Exchanges with Elder Rakotonindrina from Madagascar.
 
Walking the dirt roads of South Africa
 
Giving a member missionary a lift on the handle bars of his bike!
 
What a work out!
 
Rastafarian event with an investigator.
 
Elder Neeley and Elder Rash
 
Elder Neeley, Elder Rash and Elder Bindrup....together again!
 
 
Elder Rash and an unknown Elder?

 
His day was packed full in his planner!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment