Thursday, February 28, 2019

Week 78: Minister to those in need IMMEDIATELY


Hello Friends and Family,
Well I’m falling behind on my letters. Life is hectic and a blur. We had a great week last week. 
Elder and Sister Truman invited Elder Spencer and I to go with them on a trip to Pilanesberg and Sun City, because they are planning a senior couple trip out there and this happened to be part of one of my former areas. So with the permission of President Leavitt we took our P-Day on Saturday instead of Monday and had a great time with the Truman’s being their tour guides. It was great being able to drive through my old area Phokeng. I wish I had more time there.
The highlight of the week came on Tuesday last week. Over the past two weeks or so we have been trying to see a particular family who had been inviting us over so we could share a lesson with them and have dinner. Multiple times it has ended up with them canceling last minute. On Tuesday we were able to get into their home. However, as we walked in all we found was the wife sitting on the couch and the kids all doing their own thing. We could tell, and have been able to tell, that she has been super stressed. She finally broke down and told us how she has been told that her cancer has returned, she has no idea how long she has to live, and she spends all her time and little energy that she has at work. As her husband walked in and joined she asked for a blessing. I will forever remember this blessing that the Lord gave her through Elder Spencer and I. The Spirit filled the room from the moment it began.  I have a testimony that the Priesthood is on the earth once again. I know that the Lord is aware of our circumstances and our faith. 
This week I was also able to see the power of ministering. I saw this through the example of our Relief Society President. She is powerful. There are too many experiences we have had with her to share, but I’ll share one. Sunday evening we were at her place for dinner. After sharing a message with her and before eating we told her about this lady in the ward I spoke about earlier in my letter. We explained the struggles she has been having and the feelings of loneliness she expressed to us. The Relief Society President's mouth dropped. You could see the concern immediately come to her. She didn’t wait a single second to take action. She first shambocked us for not telling her these things immediately when we found them out. Then, she said she would pack our dinner in Tupperware for us to take home because she was going to go right then to visit this sister. She asked that we lead her to where this sister stays. She then immediately called Sis. Annah (the recent convert that was baptized 3 weeks back) and told her she was coming to pick her up to go ministering. Sis. Mbele did exactly as the Savior would have done. Why can’t we all? Why is it that when we here of someone in need we call someone else to inform them that they need help? Why do we wait till the next day or next week to reach out to the person in need?  I will admit, I’m guilty of it myself. 
May we each follow the example of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and Sis. Mbele and minister to those in need IMMEDIATELY. May we each be selfless and feed His sheep.
Sincerely, Elder Rash

Friends with no names.....

P-Day with the Truman's

Protest on the highway blocking traffic both ways

View?

Hard at work putting together the Transfer Board

Breakfast with the Leavitt's

Enjoying the fruits of the labor

Zone Conference training with Sis. Leavitt

Stake Conference

Homemade Chicken Madeira...as good as the Cheesecake Factory

Seeing the sights on P-Day

P-Day

Now that's a BIG Elephant

P-Day a couple of weeks ago playing some sports games

No comments:

Post a Comment