Monday, March 4, 2019

Week 79: Some of the strongest members of the Church are in Africa


Hello Friends and Family,
This week was great. We were able to move 2 flats this week, take the Wolds to the airport (they are headed back home to good ole Mesa, AZ), and get all the necessary preparations for the transfer done.
On Sunday, there were some amazing testimonies. Many if not all were focused around the atonement of Jesus Christ. One of those testimonies came from the Sister I talked about in my letter last week. She also mentioned how grateful she is for the Relief Society and the service they render. We also had an amazing lesson in Sunday School. The discussion covered many different topics from the past 2 weeks come follow me lessons. We even had a few people we are teaching give input during the lesson and one of them gave the closing prayer. 
The Florida 1st ward is amazing at fellowshipping and making visitors feel welcomed and a part of the ward.
We had the privilege to attend ward council on Sunday. Our newly called bishop, Bishop Ntombela, is doing an amazing job in his stewardship over the ward. He is one of the humblest men I’ve ever met. He still has yet to accept the title of Bishop. Anytime we call him bishop he gets uncomfortable, laughs, and tries to convince us and himself that he’s not the bishop. He is a very dedicated servant of the Lord. When the church receives guidance from the Lord through the prophet and apostles he puts it into action. We saw this during ward council. 
As I was sitting in sacrament meeting, I looked around at all of the members in the ward. Many of which are still very young in the church. As I heard their testimonies an impression or realization came to me “Some of the strongest members of the church are here in Africa and many, if not all, are converts.” 
I’m so grateful for the blessing I have to be serving in Africa. I’ve been called to teach the people of South Africa, but honestly they are the ones teaching me. The gospel is true. It is the same throughout the world and it is touching the lives of many, especially mine.
Love, Elder Rash
President Leavitt needed a ride home.....he volunteered to sit in the middle!

No comments:

Post a Comment