Monday, May 27, 2019

Week 91: Saying Goodbye to Florida and HELLO to Centurion


Hello Friends and Family,
With us preparing for transfers tomorrow I don't have too much time to email. 
Well..... I will be transferred. My time here in the Florida 1st ward has gone by very fast.  Every area I have served in I have been able to learn something new. My time spent in this area reminds me of the words spoken in the Book of Ether chapter 12 versus 27 and 37:
"27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

37 And because thou hast seen thy weakness thou shalt be made strong, even unto the sitting down in the place which I have prepared in the mansions of my Father."
This area has definitely shown me my weaknesses and I am excited for the opportunity I know have to go out to my new area and work on them. 
My new companion will be Elder Gabriel, from Brazil. My new area is Centurion.  It is an Afrikaaner town out near Pretoria.  We well be covering two wards.  I have been told the members are amazing and feed missionaries like crazy.  So if I come home looking like a potato you now know why. 
This week we witnessed the power of prayer and the priesthood. About 2 weeks ago we visited our Relief Society President sister Mbele. She was preparing to head to Durban to have an operation on a hernia that had been discovered.  She had us come over so that we could give her a blessing.  She told us that she would be in Durban until July since she would be staying there to recover.  So we gave her a blessing and she went her way.  As we were sitting in church on Sunday, Sis. Mbele came walking in the door.  First thing that came to my mind was that she heard I was being transferred and couldn't help but hurry back to hear my testimony lol.  After church we began speaking with her and she shared with us the miracle that happened in her life. When she got to Durban the doctors took some x-rays and cat scans. After much analyzing, the doctors proceeded to tell her that there was no hernia and that she would no longer need to have surgery.  Sis. Mbele is a woman of much faith and this miracle is a product of that faith.
Ether 12:12-16
"12 For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith.
13 Behold, it was the faith of Alma and Amulek that caused the prison to tumble to the earth.
14 Behold, it was the faith of Nephi and Lehi that wrought the change upon the Lamanites, that they were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost.
15 Behold, it was the faith of Ammon and his brethren which wrought so great a miracle among the Lamanites.

16 Yea, and even all they who wrought miracles wrought them by faith, even those who were before Christ and also those who were after."
 Love, Elder Rash
Note from mom:  Devon was sad to say goodbye to all the amazing people he met in Florida.  But he is super excited for his new area and working hard all the way to the end!  Mom is sad because now that he is leaving the office, he will have to give up his smart phone and go back to using a flip phone....which means no more P-Day texting and sending him pictures throughout the week.  This is going to be a LOOOONG 12 weeks!

The Legend Bro. Bibb

The Ntombela Family

Doing the "DAB"

Being silly with Millicent, Elder Rash, Angela, and Gabby

Now being serious

The Mcunu Family

The Sibanda Family

The Yusuf Family

The Mtombeni Family

The Alexander Family

No comments:

Post a Comment