Monday, June 3, 2019

Week 92: This is where I am meant to be....


Hello Friends and Family,
This week has been amazing!!!  I wish I could put into words how great my first week here in Centurion has been.  I have had many experiences in the past week that have brought the confirmation that this is where I am meant to be. 
My first night in the area we went and had dinner with a sister in the ward. Long story short we discovered that we were both from Mesa, AZ and had a few connections.
We spent most of the week tracting. We have changed our approach and we have seen a lot of success. We are able to have more friendly conversations with people and in the end offer our service to them. 
You may remember in my last area, I talked about how amazing our Relief Society president was. Well I just went from a ward with the best Relief Society president to a ward with the greatest Elders Quorum president!!! Once again I wish I could put into words how great Bro. Kevin is.  We spent all day on Sunday visiting less active members. 
One of the confirmations that I received that this is where I am meant to be came as I met Kevin.  He is very in-tune with the spirit. 
The Centurion 1st and 2nd wards are amazing!  Definitely the biggest wards I have ever served in.  Our area is huge!  Probably my second biggest area on mission, behind Phokeng.  It makes it difficult and causes us to plan more efficiently but it means there is a ton of work to be done.
My companion, Elder Gabriel (from Brazil) is amazing! We get along super well, share tons of laughs together, and work hard.
A lesson I learned this week is when you receive a prompting to share something with someone, even someone you have just met, do it. As I did this, about an hour later I received a witness that the prompting was from the spirit and it reassured me that this is where I am meant to be serving my last 3 months.
Love, Elder Rash
Note from mom:  No pictures OF my boy this week, but he spent his P-Day at the Zoo!  So enjoy all the pictures of animals....seriously, this is what I got today...tons of pictures and videos of animals!!!  I spared you all by just sharing a few of the many pictures!

No idea

Sunset

Monkey

What's the name of the king from Madagascar?  This is him!

another monkey

Big kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment