Monday, July 15, 2019

Week 98: Love of temples, fasting and prayer


Hello Friends and Family,
This week has been great!  We've been trying to make the most of the time that I have remaining. 
This week we had the opportunity to attend the temple.  I love the temple and the time it allows you to ponder and receive answers to questions you have.  It was my final time attending the temple here in South Africa as a full-time missionary.  I will miss it deeply.  I'm grateful I've had a temple so close to me over these past 2 years. 
A few weeks ago we had a coordinating council with members of the Centurion 1st ward.  The missionary work has been struggling in this ward for quite some time.  After counseling we came to the conclusion that we needed to do a 40 day fast.  So two weeks ago the members of our ward, as well as us, started fasting for 40 days!!!  Well not quite.  How the 40 day fast works is each day for 40 days there is a family or person who signs up to fast for a particular day.  So each day for the next 40 days there will always be someone in the ward who will be fasting for missionary work.  It has been great!!!!  We have already seen a huge difference in the work because of it.  This past week we found 3 new people to teach and many other potentials.  At church on Sunday we had 4 people, we are teaching, come to church!  That is the most Centurion 1st ward has had in a long time. Three of these people came for the very first time!  We have had numerous members approach us and tell us they have someone that they will be bringing to church or that they will be referring us to.  The whole atmosphere of the ward has changed!  The members have recognized the change and progress, we all attribute it to the faith we have been exercising through the 40 day fast.  Fasting works.
Earlier this week I was reflecting on the past 3 years.  As I did so I remembered an answer to a prayer that I received nearly 3 years ago, through the scriptures. Although I received the answer I didn't see the results come forth.  It caused a lot of questioning in my life.  As I've reflected this past week I have seen how the results have been unfolding and have come to fruition.  I know Heavenly Father answers prayers.  Sometimes the answers come immediately to bring us comfort and show unto us that He is there; however, the results, more often than not, come in His perfect timing. 
Love, Elder Rash

Last temple trip

Centurion Zone Temple trip

 Visited and got a guided tour of a Mosque





Gotta get the perfect picture

P-Day as a District...Devon looks so tall!

No comments:

Post a Comment